Popular Architectural Styles in San Diego
At Eco Minded Solutions, our architectural projects range from American to Mediterranean and from traditional to modern. No matter the style, every project we complete has an emphasis on creativity and problem-solving. We achieve consistency between indoor designs, exterior architecture, and landscaping to ensure the home has a uniform finished look.
Here are some of the interior architectural styles we build for our clients in San Diego:
- Mission Style
- Spanish Colonial or Ranch Style
- Italian Renaissance Revival Style
- Victorian Style
- American Craftsman Style
- Modern Style
Benefits of Green Architecture in San Diego
Not all architecture companies in San Diego emphasize “green” design and home building. When you choose Eco Minded Solutions for your custom-built home, here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Water and electricity conservation for long-term utility savings
- Healthy building products free of chemicals or volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Better indoor air quality
- A high-quality, durable structure designed to last many lifetimes
- A lower carbon footprint during the building process and for years to come
Components of Eco-Friendly Architecture
Eco Minded Solutions has a team of LEED-certified designers, engineers, and architects who work together to create beautiful, high-efficiency architecture. Consider the components that come together to make your home as eco-friendly as possible.
- Building design and orientation: Details such as roof style, overhangs, and window placement affect solar heat gain, while vaulted ceilings and stairwells impact heating and cooling efficiency. Proper space planning can allow for smaller square footage without sacrificing functionality or luxury, reducing long-term energy bills as a result.
- Building materials and systems: California Building Standards Code mandates many green materials and systems, while others are optional but not used in standard building practices. Some of your options include energy-efficient windows and doors, high-performance appliances and HVAC equipment, radiant barriers, thermal insulation, vapor barriers, and low-flow plumbing fixtures.
- Interior and exterior finishes: The materials you use both inside and out affect your home’s overall sustainability. Our environmentally minded architects will help you choose the right blend of finishes for luxury and eco-friendliness in your interior design. For instance, bamboo is a greener flooring material than exotic hardwood, and modern stucco siding is more sustainable than stone.
- Demolition and construction techniques: The final piece of the puzzle is to take the design from conception to reality while minimizing the environmental impact. This means donating functional used appliances instead of scrapping them, performing careful job site cleanup daily, and recycling as much construction waste as possible.
Rethink the Architecture of Your San Diego Home
Are you ready to enjoy the benefits of green building in your favorite architectural style? Eco Minded Solutions is here to help you plan and build the home of your dreams in San Diego. With our careful attention to detail and incorporating your every request, your new house will feel like home the moment you step inside.
Contact Eco Minded Solutions to start your custom home architecture design process. We are based in San Diego and serve the surrounding areas, including Point Loma, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, La Jolla, and more!Request a Consultation