In San Diego, sustainability is naturally a part of our lifestyle.
Clean beaches, conscious water usage, and overall green living all comes with the local SoCal territory.
Our beautiful beach city stays wonderful because of every action we do as citizens. We value natural beauty and keeping our home looking stunning, the way it has always been and is meant to be.
DID YOU KNOW? You can save water at home without sacrificing the beauty of your lawn by using drought tolerant plants and succulents like Coast Rosemary, Callistemons, Panda, Medicine, Jade, and Snake plants. Read more helpful drought tolerant landscaping ideas.
“Wherever possible we choose materials that will reduce our environmental footprint while producing a beautiful long lasting landscape.”
Melanie Conomikes. Project Director – Eco Minded Solutions
Check Out What A Happy Homeowner Had to Say
After an intense process of finding the right Design Build company we choose Eco Minded Solutions for a large home remodel project for our Carlsbad home. From the initial consultation to the completion of the project, everything ran smoothly. The crew was always on time and often worked longer than expected to keep the project on track. Loving our newly remodeled home and would highly recommend Eco Minded!
Eco-Friendly Landscape Construction We Love!
At Eco Minded Solutions, we take green living San Diego lifestyle to heart by implementing it into everything we do. Here are some of our favorite eco-friendly landscape construction techniques from past projects.
From the first laying of mulch to the last bush planted, our San Diego Landscape Construction team ensures every step in our construction process is eco-friendly with an emphasis on luxurious lifestyles.
1. Recycled MulchA pocket sized park was created out of a 3000 square foot yard in this La Jolla residence. View Full Project Gallery
- Down to the foundation, we use environmentally conscious materials like recycled mulch.
- Use mulch as a ground cover over bare soil and around plants to help with irrigation and water evaporation. We are in the middle of the drought and the last thing we want is for you water bills to go through the roof.
Fun Fact About Recycling Mulch: During a 10-year rain event, Miramar Greenery mulch, applied to a depth of four inches, completely protected a 2:1 slope from erosion and reduced runoff by 50%.
2. Demolition Materials RecycledReclaimed wood was used in the artwork as part of the interior design for this home. View Full Project Gallery
- Legally Sustainable! We are dedicated to sustainability down to every scrap of extra material and legal requirement. In order to remain legally sustainable, 90 percent of inert material and 70 percent of all other materials are recycled.
- We do NOT to send to the landfill. Our San Diego Landscape Designers work with you to select designs that use materials efficiently. In other words, any available option we present to you has been designed for unused materials to be recycled.
Fun Fact About Recycling Demolition Materials: Source-separation helps create higher-end markets for recyclables, such as the manufacture of new recycled-content building materials.
3. Composite Wood DeckingA youth inspired outdoor design is demonstrated in this residence near a southern California college. View Full Project Gallery
- Recycled wood and recycled plastic film are what make composite wood decking the most eco-friendly material for your outdoor decking needs.
- Most composite wood is made from: sawdust, used plastic milk jugs, and shopping bags.
- Composite wood costs less than wood and requires less maintenance over time than wood does.
Fun Fact About Using Composite Wood Decking: 500-square foot composite Trex deck contains 140,000 recycled plastic bags!
4. Local StoneEco Minded Solutions performed a front & backyard landscape design on this beautiful Poway home. View Full Project Gallery
- Carroll Canyon and Mission Cobble are two of the local stone companies we have partnered with to provide the best selection, variety, and inventory of natural stone available.
- We source our stone locally for less of a petroleum footprint by keeping our suppliers local. Not only does this cut down the negative effects on the environment, it also supports our San Diego community.
Fun Fact About Using Local Stone: Sourcing stone locally cuts down on our carbon footprint and petroleum usage because of less transportation.
Featured Project: Coronado Courtyard Transformation
Small spaces can be transformed into creative entertainment areas that invite conversation. View the Full Project Gallery
This Coronado courtyard received a face-lift transforming an underutilized space into a thriving outdoor living room. Warmth is given to this revitalized courtyard though the use of warm redwood veneer and a custom fire bar. Repeating materials throughout the space makes for a cohesive design.
Eco-Friendly Approach – It’s in Our Nature!
Whether interested in eco-friendly landscaping, elegant backyard remodeling, or just irrigation systems and water conservation, our designers specialize in creative techniques that save you money while helping to preserve the environment for our children.
Contact our design team for a free consultation in the San Diego and Southern California area.Request a Consultation
Ready to Learn More? Book a FREE Consultation NowSchedule a Consultation