Transform Your Home into an Elegant Spa-Retreat with these 7 Bathroom Design Ideas
Bathrooms are a very special and often an under appreciated part of the home. We’ve compiled our favorite bathroom design ideas to inspire your next masterpiece and transform it into an at-home spa getaway.
For parents, the bathroom can sometimes be the only place to get some peace and quiet away from the kids. So let’s make your home into a secret tropical getaway, an at-home spa-retreat, or a creative space for philosophical thinking.
Make your guests feel more than at home with their own luxurious shower after transforming your residence with an elegant and custom bathroom remodel.
Check Out What A Happy Homeowner Had to Say
After an intense process of finding the right Design Build company we choose Eco Minded Solutions for a large home remodel project for our Carlsbad home. From the initial consultation to the completion of the project, everything ran smoothly. The crew was always on time and often worked longer than expected to keep the project on track. Loving our newly remodeled home and would highly recommend Eco Minded!
Bathroom Design Ideas to Inspire
- Relaxing, Whimsical, and Charming
- Don’t Have to Choose Between Your Mascara and Your Retainer
- Shower Like No One’s Watching
- Baths are More Fun Anyway
- Bigger is Not Always Better
- Queue the Lights Please!
- Keep It Environmentally Friendly
We hope you find elegant, relaxing, environmentally friendly inspirations with these these 7 great bathroom design ideas to make your home feel that much more like a spa destination.
1. Relaxing, Whimsical, and Charming
These ideas for bathroom design are straight from our own decor arsenal we would like to share. In this La Jolla whole home remodel, the master bathroom was transformed to have a relaxing, spa-like aesthetic.
With one of a kind patterned tiles; add interest and whimsy to the calming neutrals with darker countertops provide dramatic contrast.
2. Don’t Choose Between Your Mascara and Your Retainer
Upgrade your bathroom to have more storage. Less clutter will make your bathroom feel more luxurious. This great idea from Pinterest will get the ball rolling on some great storage ideas you can use to improve your master bath.
Pro Design Tips
- Install more draws instead of cabinets to encourage organization.
- Have a “faux” half wall that can double as more shelves.
3. Shower Like No One’s Watching (and sing!)
Minimize you cleaning while maximizing your creativity. Upgrade your shower to a walk-in, no doors, to complete that modern, premier look.
Pro Design Tips
Pros: Less cleaning, a more freeing shower.
Cons: Breezy shower.
4. Baths are More Fun Anyway!
Make that bathtub big enough for a party! Increase your relaxation time by opening up your bathtub area.
Pro Design Tips
- Bring that relaxing-spa look all together by placing a beautiful bath tub as the focal point of your next bathroom.
- Add some wildlife to keep the “zen” flow.
5. Bigger is Not Always Better
Keep it simple, but extraordinary. Even in a small space, a full bathroom renovation and a little decor can speak for itself and improve your bathroom 10 fold.
- Try to keep things vertical: light fixtures, shelving. This way your minimal space will be maximized.
- MIRRORS! Mirrors are important to make the space feel bigger than it is.
6. Queue the Lights Please!
Keep your lighting simple and to a minimum. No one wants to go to the bathroom in the morning and be blinded by the lights. Make it your own. Don’t hold back. This particular bathroom remodel in La Jolla has a California, relaxed look. Remodel your bathroom to feel like an extension of you.
Pros: The right lighting can accentuate a person’s best features and can be your bathroom’s greatest quality.
Cons: Too much light can make your bathroom feel like a hospital.
7. Keep it Environmentally Friendly
Most important of all bathroom design inspirations are to keep your home environmentally friendly. Try to use less water, buy eco friendly products, and reuse towels rather than paper.
Bathrooms are a place of a lot of water consumption and not always a simple place to conserve water. At Eco Minded Solutions, our main goal is to integrate your personal design style with the energy saving and clean products. See what we did to the bathroom in this whole home remodel in La Jolla.
- Install aerators on shower heads and faucets to reduce water usage.
- Upgrade to a low-flow toilet to also reduce water consumption.
- Replacing your tanked water heater with a tank-less model will reduce the amount of energy consumed and the cost to heat water.
Bathroom Design Ideas for Inspiration and Beyond
Our goal at Eco Minded Solutions is to give you the one of a kind home you’ve always dreamed. We would be happy to help with all aspects of whole home remodeling and landscape design in San Diego. We promise to make your home the talk of the town.
Thank you for reading this inspiration guide for the home and if you are interested in more design tips we recommend modern kitchen design, landscaping ideas in a drought, and home office design ideas.
FREE Bathroom Design Consultation
Let’s transform your bathroom into a spa-retreat!
Schedule a no-cost design consultation with Eco Minded Solutions today to add luxury to your special at-home getaway.
Contact us to tell us more about your home, send us pictures, and help us figure out the perfect solution for you.Request a Consultation
Ready to Learn More? Book a FREE Consultation NowSchedule a Consultation