Why Choose Eco-Friendly Remodeling?
In an effort to reduce their impact on the environment, individuals and industries across the globe have adopted a number of green initiatives and practices. Architects, designers, and builders are among those who have acknowledged the need for change, and embraced a number of solutions geared towards environmental sustainability, using eco friendly materials and practices. Whether you’re planning on remodeling your San Diego area home, revamping your landscaping, or building a new custom home, you don’t need to sacrifice the quality or beauty of your project to do your part for the environment—all you have to do is partner with the right team of dedicated professionals.
Great Reasons to Choose Eco Friendly Remodeling
Enhanced Air Quality
While you have no control over the quality of the air outside, you can breathe easier inside your home by using eco-friendly building materials and practices, including:
- Minimizing VOC emissions –Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as formaldehyde, benzene, and other carcinogens are found in a number of everyday household products, furnishings, and building supplies. As toxic gases are released, occupants may suffer from dizziness, nausea, fatigue, respiratory ailments, or sustain damage to vital organs and the nervous system. Eco-friendly remodeling using low VOC building materials and exterior finishes helps to create a healthier, cleaner indoor environment.
- Adequate air exchange – Sufficient airflow and ventilation are necessary to cycle the air between the indoors and outside, preventing a buildup of pollutants. Inadequate ventilation can also lead to the growth of mold and mildew, particularly in high moisture areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Reusing materials such as reclaimed wood and products made from recycled paper, glass, wood, or metal, help keep these items out of the landfill.
Reduced Environmental Impact
By increasing the overall efficiency of your home, it uses less energy. Eco-friendly options include:
- Installing ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances
- Adding insulation
- Choosing locally sourced products
- Incorporating native plantings in to your landscape design
Buyers are willing to pay more for a home that is safe, efficient, and green.
The water conversation is vital in the San Diego area, where permanent water use restrictions are a way of life. Save money and resources with green building practices that use less water to run your home, such as:
- Smart irrigation systems
- Efficient plumbing design for new homes or whole-home remodels
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures in your custom bathroom renovation
Eco-Friendly Remodeling Contractors in San Diego
The talented, experienced team of professionals at Eco Minded Solutions is dedicated to excellence in design and service for clients in San Diego looking to enhance the beauty and functionality of their homes. Whether you are remodeling one area or your whole house, our process affords you the opportunity to make your home sustainable through your choice of design and materials. We are a full service design+build firm, and will work closely with you through each stage of your project to ensure your complete satisfaction and the realization of your vision.
Read our reviews on Houzz. 4.7 stars from 32 reviews.