Why Desert Landscaping?
When you’re looking into landscaping options that help conserve water, desert landscaping may seem like a drab option. We’re here to tell you that’s not the case! While desert landscaping does include hardscaping and cacti, it also includes other unique and vibrant plants like wildflowers, shrubs, trees, and grasses. These fun plant options add life to your landscaping without requiring a ton of water usage, making them ideal for your San Diego desert landscape.
At Eco Minded Solutions, we’ll create a landscaping solution that works for you. We’ll put together a plan that includes a mix of functional hardscape with lively landscape – all to your exacting standards. Give us a call today at (858) 779-1225 or contact us online to get started on your desert landscape plan today!
Desert Landscaping Trends
Desert landscaping is actually quite trendy these days. It provides homeowners with a drought-friendly solution that requires minimal water and maintenance. It also provides a chic space that can be lush with native desert vegetation and elegant hardscaping.
Some of the most popular desert landscaping trends include:
- Including a lot of native desert and local plants to create a lush feel
- Making use of low-water blooms to add pops of color
- Accentuating the colors of your home with coordinating plants
- Using hardscape to create visual interest and unique planting solutions
- Using gravel instead of grass for seating or entertaining areas
With the help of the professionals at Eco Minded Solutions, we can help you bring any of these trends to life in your yard – creating the chic and trendy desert oasis you’ve been dreaming of! We can assist in selecting the right plants for your space so that your yard is both eco-friendly and a showstopper. Some popular plants to use in desert landscapes include:
- Cacti, like the golden barrel cactus or the prickly pear
- Succulents, including the jade plant, paddle plant, and ghost plant
- Native grasses, such as wheatgrass, arrowgrass, tanglehead, and bristlegrass
By combing some of these popular desert plants with other San Diego native plants and hardscaping, we can achieve an eco-friendly, functional, and beautiful yard for you and your family to enjoy.