Our Design/Build Process
Eco Minded Solutions employs a design/build approach to offer our clients the benefits of a fully consolidated and seamless project executed by a team of designers and builders invested in a common purpose from the outset.
The design/build method is based on the ancient concept of a master builder who accepted full responsibility for designing and constructing a project from conception to completion. Our goal is to make every project real through a collaborative process. We provide ultimate project efficiency to our clients through our design and build team’s collective knowledge of innovation, problem solving, budgeting, and scheduling.
Benefits of Design/Build
- Single Responsibility – The design/ build approach provides design/engineering and construction under a single contract. This gives the owner greater control over the entire design/build process and reduces financial risk by contracting with a single company that is unconditionally committed to the success of the project.
- Early Cost Identification –A design/build team, working closely with its client, can accurately conceptualize the completed project at an early stage. Because the design and building teams work concurrently, we are able to project the construction costs and schedule far sooner than normally possible with a more traditional designer and contractor approach. This also enables you as the client to decide to have construction proceed with full knowledge of the project’s final cost and scope of work.
- Value Engineering – Having design and constructional personnel work in tandem as a team compounds the value of the project while simultaneously reducing costs and time schedules. With these two vital components bringing their expertise into all aspects of the project, they can evaluate alternative systems, materials, and methods efficiently and accurately
- Efficiency –Since the design and construction processes can be overlapped for streamlined delivery, bidding periods and redesign time are eliminated, and long lead time purchases can be made early on in the design phase. The total project duration is significantly reduced, resulting in earlier utilization and superior total project economics.
- Quality Enhancement – Design/build inherently provides higher quality than the separate, often conflicting designer vs. contractor approach. Because the designer and builder share the responsibility for the final product, they are motivated to build with quality, on time, and within budget. Design/build eliminates the traditional finger-pointing among the architect, engineer, and contractor, and allows resources and attention to be productively focused on cost-effective solutions that reflect the best value, eco-friendliness, and quality.
Interested in seeing if our design/build approach is right for you? Contact us online or call us at 858-779-1225 to set up a consultation!
Read our reviews on Houzz. 4.7 stars from 32 reviews.