Benefits of Design/Build
- Single Responsibility – The design/ build approach provides design/engineering and construction under a single contract. This gives the owner greater control over the entire design/build process and reduces financial risk by contracting with a single company that is unconditionally committed to the success of the project.
- Early Cost Identification – Design/build contractors, working closely with the client, can accurately conceptualize the completed project at an early stage. Because the design and building teams work concurrently, we are able to project the construction costs and schedule far sooner than normally possible with a more traditional designer and contractor approach. This also enables you as the client to decide to have construction proceed with full knowledge of the project’s final cost and scope of work.
- Value Engineering – Having design, architecture, and constructional personnel work in tandem as a team compounds the value of the project while simultaneously reducing costs and time schedules. With these two vital components bringing their expertise into all aspects of the project, they can evaluate alternative systems, materials, and methods efficiently and accurately
- Efficiency –Since the design and construction processes can be overlapped for streamlined delivery, bidding periods and redesign time are eliminated, and long lead time purchases can be made early on in the design phase. The total project duration is significantly reduced, resulting in earlier utilization and superior total project economics.
- Quality Enhancement – Design/build services inherently provide higher quality than the separate, often conflicting designer vs. contractor approach. Because the designer and builder share the responsibility for the final product, they are motivated to build with quality, on time, and within budget. Design/build eliminates the traditional finger-pointing among the architect, engineer, and contractor, and allows resources and attention to be productively focused on cost-effective solutions that reflect the best value, eco-friendliness, and quality.
Interested in seeing if our design/build approach is right for you? Contact us online or call us at 858-779-1225 to set up a consultation!
Check out what one of our recent Houzz customers had to say about our design/build services:
We got estimates from two design build landscaping firms and Eco Minded Solutions was the clear winner because they listened to our vision and provided a design that met that vision. From the first day of construction they were on time and great to work with. We’d highly recommend their team, from design through construction project management. As a Project Manager in the construction industry, I feel that I have a perspective and expectation that some might not. That being said, they were great from start to finish!