Our Home Addition Services in San Diego
Eco Minded Solutions offers a comprehensive list of addition and extension services in Southern California. Thanks to our expert team of designer and builders, we are capable of bringing any homeowner’s vision to life, from an expansive deck with a 360° view to an inventive playroom for the kids.
Our additions and extensions capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Wing Addition – Add on multiple rooms by creating a wing for your home. Wings are ideal for bedrooms, living spaces, and even small kitchens —such as an in-law suite or au-pair’s living quarters.
- Bump-Out – This addition helps you expand a current living space and increase the square footage. Perhaps your kitchen needs a little extra space or you want to maximize the size of your home office—a bump-out addition could be the answer.
- Pop-Up – Sometimes building out won’t work, but building up will. With a pop-up, Eco Minded Solutions will add a second story to your existing home. This is ideal for a one-story rambler or ranch needing additional square footage.
- Single Room Addition – If you need to add on just one more room, perhaps for a home office or bedroom, a single room addition may be ideal for your property.
- Deck or Porch – Your home is already complete, but when it comes to your outdoor living and socializing, your home doesn’t meet your needs. Let the experts at Eco Minded Solutions design an outdoor living room, deck, or porch as functional and beautiful as your interior.
Is a Home Addition Worth It?
The most common reasons to get room additions and renovations are to add more space, to increase the value of the home, or to add more luxury to a home. If you’re not solving any of those problems, it’s likely not worth it to invest in your home addition.
You want to make sure that your addition investment makes sense both for resale value if you choose to sell in the future, as well as for your family. Is your family growing and you need the additional room to make your house continue to work for you? Do you love all other aspects of your house, but you want more space in the master bedroom or great room to really fall in love with it? Is it going to increase the overall value and build up some serious square footage?
Those are the questions that you need to be asking yourself to determine if your home addition is worth it.
If you’re ready to look into getting a room or extra space added onto your San Diego home, we’re ready to help. Contact us to learn more about home remodeling costs and how we can work to make your home a place you’ll love to be.
Do You Need Planning Permission for a Home Extension?
Although it depends on your neighborhood, there are some overall guidelines that can fit regardless of your situation.
If you are making changes that affect the exterior of your home, extend your overall square footage, involve electrical or heating work in the home, involve plumbing in the home, or change the overall footprint of the home, you’re going to need to get a permit from the city before any work can begin.
You don’t want to disregard the importance of getting a permit, and a home remodeling company will not do contracted work that requires a permit without one.
Whether you’re getting an outdoor room addition, adding a master bedroom and bath, adding a second story, or pushing out a wall, you’re going to need to consult with both your city and your neighborhood/HOA to get planning permission and any necessary permits before building and remodeling can begin.
Our Design/Build Process
Eco Minded Solutions follows a design/build process, which means we have a comprehensive team of designers and builders who will work with you from start to finish to create your dream home. Design/build is advantageous because it streamlines the remodeling process; you work with one team from the very beginning that will quickly become very familiar with your wants and needs. This eliminates the chaos of juggling multiple contractors and enables your team to involve you every step of the way.
Our ultimate goal is your total satisfaction and happiness in your updated home, so we will do whatever it takes to make that happen. We don’t believe in cutting corners to minimize cost, nor do we compromise on our commitment to being as eco-friendly as possible. When you work with Eco Minded Solutions, you are guaranteed an innovative, unique, and luxurious space.
Schedule Your Home Addition Consultation
If an addition or extension sounds right for your home, do not hesitate to get in touch with Eco Minded Solutions. We are ready to hear all of your brilliant ideas and help you bring them to life.
Contact us online to schedule a consultation with our home designers for your home addition or extension in the San Diego area!Request a Consultation
Ready to Learn More? Book a FREE Consultation NowSchedule a Consultation