Architectural Styles Found in La Jolla
Everyone has different architectural tastes, and our diverse offerings allow us to cater to your needs and wants. We can create seamless uniformity throughout your home, even in the landscape design, for a consistent look inside and out.
Some of the architectural styles we have experience with include:
- Mission Style
- Spanish Colonial or Ranch Style
- Italian Renaissance Revival Style
- Victorian Style
- American Craftsman Style
- Modern Style
Eco-Friendly Architecture in La Jolla
Not all architecture companies emphasize eco-friendly design, but it’s one of our main focuses here at Eco Minded Solutions. When you build a home with us, you can expect to benefit in the following ways:
- Lower water and electricity usage for long-term savings
- Better indoor air quality thanks to the use of chemical-free building products
- Impressive structural durability designed to last many lifetimes
- Less demolition and construction waste
- A lower carbon footprint for years to come
What Is Green Architecture?
Perhaps you want to benefit from “green” home-building techniques, but you’re not sure what they are. Several components must come together to make a home as environmentally friendly as possible. These include:
- Building design and space planning: Exterior features such as the roof style, overhangs, and window placement affect heat gain from the sun. Then, interior elements such as stairwells and vaulted ceilings influence heating and cooling demand. With the right design and efficient use of space, you can live in luxury while reducing energy consumption.
- Building materials and systems: By including Energy Star-rated windows and doors, high-efficiency appliances and HVAC equipment, low-flow plumbing fixtures, vapor barriers, thermal insulation, radiant barriers, and other high-performance building systems, you can make your home more efficient. Some of these systems are mandated in the California Building Standards Code, but others are optional upgrades we encourage you to consider.
- Interior and exterior finishes: The materials you choose to finish your house impact its overall sustainability. For example, recycled paper countertops are more eco-friendly than granite, and reclaimed wood won’t emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like laminated wood.
- Demolition and construction techniques: Bringing a design plan to life requires careful planning to minimize waste. When demolishing your old home and building a new one in its place, we’ll donate functional used appliances, clean the job site daily, and recycle as much construction waste as possible.
The team of LEED-certified designers, engineers, and architects at Eco Minded Solutions bring all of these components together to create beautiful, energy-efficient homes in La Jolla.
Architecture Firm in La Jolla
To enjoy the benefits of green building in your preferred architectural style, turn to Eco Minded Solutions. We’ll help you design and build the home of your dreams in La Jolla, California.
Ready to start the custom home architecture design process? If so, please contact Eco Minded Solutions today.Request a Consultation
Ready to Learn More? Book a FREE Consultation NowSchedule a Consultation