Whole Home Remodeling in San Diego
No matter how much you love your home, it is rare that it fulfills every single one of your needs. If you love where you live but are looking for a fresh start, a whole home remodel is the perfect solution.
Rather than facing the gargantuan task of finding a new home in a suitable neighborhood and selling, consider whole home remodeling to change everything you don’t like while keeping the features that you love. Green building strategies can help reduce energy usage, make your home healthier, and preserve the environment. The team of professionals at Eco Minded Solutions can help you achieve your dream of a more functional, aesthetically pleasing, eco-friendly home that meets all your needs.
Contact Eco Minded Solutions online to learn more about our whole home remodeling process in San Diego or to request a free consultation.
We are dedicated to the creation of artistic, unique environments that reflect your personality and lifestyle. Our interior designers will assist you with every selection—all the way down to the bath towels. It is a priority to incorporate environmentally conscious options for long-term health and well-being.
Our projects are especially noted for innovative and creative design concepts, green building techniques, maximized use of space, and orientation to views. Each architectural project we take on is customized to the specifications of the site, client needs, style, and budget. Our designers take care to create consistency between the home’s interior and the outside space. Our work ranges from modern to Mediterranean, with an emphasis on creativity and problem-solving.
The Benefits of Whole Home Remodeling
Whole home remodeling is loosely defined as remodeling or renovating 50 percent or more of your home to improve the appearance or functionality. If your home no longer works for your family, whole home remodeling can be a better option than relocating or even remodeling just one room at a time. Benefits include:
- Value – Whole home remodeling services from Eco Minded Solutions can significantly increase the value of your home, with the potential for a high return on your investment. We use only the finest quality materials and expert design and craftsmanship for a finished product you’ll love.
- Consistency – By renovating several rooms at once, you’ll benefit from a seamless, consistent design throughout.
- Comfort – A whole home renovation can help improve the energy efficiency of your home through green home initiatives, resulting in greater comfort and temperature control.
- Location – Remain in your preferred neighborhood by improving your home to suit your needs.
- Convenience – While the remodeling process can be arduous, with whole home remodeling, you can address all your concerns at once, rather than one room at a time.
Green Remodeling Features
At Eco Minded Solutions, we are passionate about delivering innovative design and superior craftsmanship to each of our customers, motivated by environmental sustainability. Some of our green remodeling features include:
- Appliance upgrades –Choose ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances to reduce environmental impact and save money on energy costs.
- Insulation –Insulation helps to prevent heat transfer and can easily be added to your walls or attic during whole home remodeling.
- Green materials –Reclaimed wood, high-efficiency light fixtures, low-flow toilets and water fixtures, and other materials help to improve your home’s efficiency and reduce energy usage.
- Locally sourced products –Transporting materials from far away generates pollution that can be avoided by shopping locally when possible.
What Are the Steps Required to Remodel a House?
A high-quality whole home remodel can breathe new life into any property, adding beauty, functionality, and value. The process for any type of renovation is complex with a number of steps to carry the project through from conception to completion, including:
- Planning – Meet with an experienced design+build firm to create and formalize the plans for your new living space
- Structural Repairs –Address any structural issues that may affect the integrity or safety of the home (foundation, roof, siding, or windows)
- Demolition – As needed
- Interior Construction – New (or moved) walls, door and window frames, and support beams
- Utilities –Plumbing, electric, gas, and HVAC services installation while the ceiling and walls are open
- Insulation and Drywall
- Interior Work – Cabinets, wall treatments, flooring, and more
- Exterior Finishes – New siding, paint, trim, and landscaping
How Do I Choose a Remodeling Contractor?
Your choice of San Diego remodeling contractor will determine the quality of your remodel and help to ensure your project is completed on time and on budget. Here are some questions you can ask any potential hire to help you make the best decision for your home and family:
- How long have you been in business? – A company that has been in business for a number of years is likely to have systems to guarantee an efficient, well-executed job, and will have established relationships with local vendors and trades.
- Do you have references? – Be sure to ask for at least three local references and call each one to ask about their satisfaction with the work that was done.
- Are you licensed and insured? – The contractor should have an up-to-date license and current workers’ compensation and liability insurance.
- What is the timeline for completion? – Determine when the contractor will begin and complete your project, and ask about any issues or concerns that may affect the work schedule.
- Do you use environmentally friendly materials and building techniques? – The contractor should have the experience and qualifications to complete your home remodel using high-quality, sustainable materials and practices.
- Can I view some examples of your work? – Ask to see the contractors portfolio to get a feel for the type of work they do.
- Will you be providing me with a detailed estimate for services? – Once the plans are in place, the contractor should provide you with a detailed contract outlining the work to be done and the terms for payment.
Whole Home Remodeling in La Jolla, Encinitas, Del Mar & San Diego
The skilled, experienced professionals at Eco Minded Solutions will help you create the home of your dreams with eco-friendly, high-quality whole home remodeling services.
Contact us online to arrange for a free consultation! We provide home building services throughout the San Diego area, including Del Mar, La Jolla, Cardiff, Encinitas, Poway, Oceanside, Rancho Santa Fe, Carlsbad, and the surrounding areas!
Read our reviews on Houzz. 4.7 stars from 29 reviews.