There are two types of homebuyers: those who purchase a home with the intention of renovating, and those who purchase a home and realize they need to renovate down the road. Most houses are built to appeal to a wide range of buyers with standard features and square footage, or they are custom built to suit the needs of one family. Regardless of which type you buy, your needs are likely to change as your family grows or ages out, or as your sense of style evolves.
Rather than facing the gargantuan task of finding a new home in a suitable neighborhood and selling, consider whole home remodeling to change everything you don’t like while keeping the features that you love. Green building strategies can help reduce energy usage, make your home healthier, and preserve the environment. The team of professionals at Eco Minded Solutions can help you achieve your dream of a more functional, aesthetically pleasing, eco-friendly home that meets all your needs.
Contact Eco Minded Solutions online to learn more about our whole home remodeling process in San Diego or to request a free consultation.
The Benefits of Whole Home Remodeling
Whole home remodeling is loosely defined as remodeling or renovating 50 percent or more of your home to improve the appearance or functionality. If your home no longer works for your family, whole home remodeling can be a better option than relocating or even remodeling just one room at a time. Benefits include:
- Value – Whole home remodeling services from Eco Minded Solutions can significantly increase the value of your home, with the potential for a high return on your investment. We use only the finest quality materials and expert design and craftsmanship for a finished product you’ll love.
- Consistency – By renovating several rooms at once, you’ll benefit from a seamless, consistent design throughout.
- Comfort – A whole home renovation can help improve the energy efficiency of your home through green home initiatives, resulting in greater comfort and temperature control.
- Location – Remain in your preferred neighborhood by improving your home to suit your needs.
- Convenience – While the remodeling process can be arduous, with whole home remodeling, you can address all your concerns at once, rather than one room at a time.
Green Remodeling Features
At Eco Minded Solutions, we are passionate about delivering innovative design and superior craftsmanship to each of our customers, motivated by environmental sustainability. Some of our green remodeling features include:
- Appliance upgrades – Choose ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances to reduce environmental impact and save money on energy costs.
- Insulation – Insulation helps to prevent heat transfer and can easily be added to your walls or attic during whole home remodeling.
- Green materials – Reclaimed wood, high-efficiency light fixtures, low-flow toilets and water fixtures, and other materials help to improve your home’s efficiency and reduce energy usage.
- Locally-sourced products – Transporting materials from far away generates pollution that can be avoided by shopping locally when possible.
Whole Home Remodeling in La Jolla, Encinitas, Del Mar, and San Diego
The skilled, experienced professionals at Eco Minded Solutions will help you create the home of your dreams with eco-friendly, high-quality whole home remodeling services.
Contact us online to arrange for a free consultation!
1. Getting to Know Each Other
During our initial meeting, we listen carefully to your vision for the look and function of your space. In this meeting, we will discuss:
- Short and long term goals
- Your design tastes and preferences
- Review our design and construction procedures
- Answer any questions you may have
Your designer will work with you to establish a budget and prepare an agreement that will establish a clear set of expectations for the project.
2. Property Assessment & Design Generation
Our team will take property measurements and review property conditions. A computer drafted plan will be generated that will include details that clearly define the specifications of your project. At this time, all material selections will be made for every element of your plan.
3. Reviewing Scope of Work
Our team will review the scope of work with you prior to construction commencing. All timelines and deliveries will be scheduled before the work begins.
4. Construction Project Management
Eco Minded Solutions will assign an experienced project manager to your project. Your project manager will work with the construction manager, foreman, and construction crew to guarantee that every detail of the project plan is properly implemented.
During your project, you will work closely with your EMS designer and EMS project manager. They will provide you updates and discuss your project with you every step of the way.
5. Pre-Construction Meeting
Prior to the start of construction, we will schedule an onsite pre-construction meeting with you. Your designer and project manager will do a final review of the entire scope of work to ensure that any unanswered questions are addressed.
6. Construction Begins
With plans and permits finalized and materials selected, the project begins.
7. Project Completion
At completion, your PM will walk through your property with you to identify any elements that require modification, including any last minute changes or upgrades. Your project will not be deemed complete until you are 100% satisfied.
When your project is completed, you will receive a detailed packet of information about warranted products and services. For thirty days, EMS will perform weekly property assessments to make sure that all elements of your project are healthy and functioning properly.
Ready To Get Started?
Contact Eco Minded Solutions for a free design consultation and/or quote on your home remodeling or new construction project.
The Costs of Remodeling a Home in San Diego
There are many factors that will influence the cost of remodeling a home in San Diego county, but with Eco Minded Solutions, you can be sure that your budget and concerns will be at the forefront of our planning process.
Our management team will work with your budget to maximize the transformation of your space without sacrificing quality.
We believe in constructing our homes & landscapes without cutting corners. Therefore, we will not break ground on your new home remodeling project until a consensus is reached on the design vision.