Custom Swimming Pool Design
To help us pinpoint exactly what you want from your backyard swimming pool, we ask the following questions during the initial design process:
Why do you want a pool?
Do you plan to swim laps for exercise? Will the kids be using it? Are you hoping your pool will have a stunning visual impact on your back yard? The answers to these questions help us formulate the right design.
What swimming pool features interest you most?
We can include many features in your pool design, including:
- Sloped or stepped entry
- Grab rails
- Waterfalls and fountains
- Infinity edges
- Rim flow
- Swim-up bar
- And much more
Although southern California boasts a warm climate throughout the year, the cool nights drive water temperatures down to the 60° F range in unheated pools and spas. Most people prefer that water be heated to a more comfortable temperature in the 70° F range.
Historically pool and spa heating costs claimed a significant portion of property owners’ utility bills. Today, home and business owners can install solar pool heating panels to warm water temperatures to a more pleasant level year round. Solar pool heating panels are the most energy-efficient and cost-effective pool heating system available. Contact Eco Minded Solutions to find out how solar pool heating and eco landscape design can reduce your carbon footprint.
Swimming Pool Construction
The transition from pool design to implementation is critical. We strive to offer these characteristics:
- Designs that transcend trends: It’s often easy to tell what decade a swimming pool was installed based solely on its design. If you’re building a pool for longevity and resale value, you need timeless designs that remain appealing over the years.
- Materials that last a lifetime: Careful construction techniques and high-quality materials ensure your pool remains an asset on your property for decades to come.
Solar Pool Heating
Although Southern California boasts a wonderfully warm climate for year-round pool use, cool nights and occasional cloudy days make it necessary to install a pool heater. Historically, pool heating costs have comprised a significant portion of a homeowner’s utility bills—but not anymore. Today, solar pool heaters provide incredibly efficient and cost-effective pool heating for almost non-existent operating costs.
Benefits of solar pool heaters
When you have the choice between a traditional pool heater and a solar-powered one, the decision is obvious. Solar pool heaters offer the following benefits:
- Decreased operating costs: Solar energy is free and abundant in Southern California, allowing you to heat your pool with very minimal supplemental fuel.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Solar energy is also non-polluting, reducing the environmental impact associated with having a pool.
- Warmer water: With less concern regarding energy use and pollution, you can set your pool temperature higher for the most comfortable swim possible.
How do solar pool heaters work?
Most pool and spa solar heating systems consist of the following components:
- The solar collector, or solar panels, can be installed on the roof or another location in full view of the sun. Water is pumped through the solar collector, where it is heated.
- The filter collects and removes debris from the water as it circulates toward the solar collector.
- The pump draws water from the pool through the filter, into the solar collector, and back to the pool.
- The flow control valve determines how much water pumps into the solar collector to keep the pool at the proper temperature.
Schedule a Consultation for Your Custom Pool in San Diego
If the energy demands of traditional pools have been holding you back from installing a pool, now your dreams can come true with eco-friendly pool construction from Eco Minded Solutions. We can design a pool that is exacted to your individual needs that you and your family will love for years to come.
Contact us online to set up a consultation for your pool installation in the San Diego area!Request a Consultation